A Plea for Reeducation…and such….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Plea for Reeducation…and such….

Now that those believers are certain the presidential race is over – political discourse seems to have soured.

While posting, I have noticed that few have challenged (legitimately – with the exception of a few self described conservatives ironically) my views up front – I don’t know why that is the case…..

In any event…..now that I will be in the loyal opposition (in the view of most pundits) --- please tell me why I am misguided….

Warmest regards….

Maggie

I've got better things to do than look through archived posts, Maggie. Besides, you seem to do a pretty good job of massaging your own ego. What do you need with us?

(And ... please ... take my future silence in this thread as evidence of your intellectual superiority. I won't bill you.)
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
      I've got better things to do than look through archived posts, Maggie. Besides, you seem to do a pretty good job of massaging your own ego. What do you need with us?

(And ... please ... take my future silence in this thread as evidence of your intellectual superiority. I won't bill you.)
      Love that post! :good: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Well soon the votes will be cast and we get to evaluate the results for a few years. Its been cool debating everyone and some posters have put up some nice arguments. Hope no one has any hard feelings on any threads I've particpated in.

:)

Comment

Apparently, I have done something to offend you…but I am not sure what that could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie

Apparently, I have done something to offend you…but I am not sure what that could have been.
            Duh!?!

You've posted well-informed, challenging, educated thoughts.

Shame on you!

For penance, go watch a BO campaign speech and soak in all the warm-fuzzy verbs and adjectives. Don't worry about what any of it actually means in a real-world context, just take in the emotion and synergy. Later, drop by your local Starbucks and have an iced venti caramel macchiato and a scone. Pick up some fine reading along the way, such as "Theories of Surplus Value" by what's-his-name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
              Originally posted by Maggie

Duh!?!

You've posted well-informed, challenging, educated thoughts.

Shame on you!

For penance, go watch a BO campaign speech and soak in all the warm-fuzzy verbs and adjectives. Don't worry about what any of it actually means in a real-world context, just take in the emotion and synergy. Later, drop by your local Starbucks and have an iced venti caramel macchiato and a scone. Pick up some fine reading along the way, such as "Theories of Surplus Value" by what's-his-name.
              Thanks. I feel a little better now. But it is raining in New York and while riding my bike back from Starbucks my scone got soaked. :(

Comment

Working...
              X